Even the best performing window can be ineffective if installed incorrectly. The attached documents are printable versions of our window installation instructions. These documents serve as a guideline for a standard installation procedure of WeatherBarr products and do not address problems that may occur during the installation process. We highly recommend that you have a professional builder or remodeler with experience using our products perform the installation for you.
Storage and Handling
- Windows should be stored upright.
- Windows and doors should be stored out of the weather in a clean, dry area, off the ground and not in direct sunlight and not subject to damage.
- Handle all units by jambs. Never move a unit by the head of the unit.
- Any packaging should not be removed until just prior to installation.
- All packaging should be examined for any parts, i.e. handle sets, before being discarded.
- Do not cover or plug weep holes. Weep hole must be allowed to drain free.
- Do not drill into or through the sill of a unit.